Thursday, October 25, 2012

By Ruth Ezra


SURPRISINGLY CRISPY ROASTED GARBANZOS

There is always a story when I cook or bake!

This one was when I was conquering clutter in my kitchen area. I found this can of garbanzo beans, which will be expired in a month!
And I found someone I am following on Instagram that she was snacking on it too, homemade as well! So, I googled how to prepare it and planned to use ingredients in my pantry.

So happy and proud of myself!

I ate it all by myself for 2 days. I really did like it & feeling good eating a snack-conscience and costs free! I did not even do measurements! I just drizzle and sprinkle!

So here is my version of it and I am calling it:

Surprisingly Crispy Roasted Garbanzos

Ingredients:
•1 can garbanzo beans
•olive oil
•Cajun seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Drain garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water. Allow all water to drain out.
(I just left it in my kitchen sink while I was vacuuming?)

Lay garbanzo beans on a paper towel and blot/roll until skin separates from the beans.
Discard the skins.

Place your beans on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over the beans and toss around to coat.

Roast the beans for 30-40 minutes until they are golden brown and crunchy.

Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle beans with Cajun seasoning.

Serve immediately.

|*|*|*|


Ruth D. Ezra is a culinary queen in her own right through experience and training. She works at the AllState Roadside Services in Northbrook, IL. Her greatest delight is serving good and healthy food to her husband Heman and only daughter, Isabelle. Kit would love to receive feedback on her recipes, and exchange them with yours at ezraruth@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment