Monday, January 7, 2013

JENN BOCIAN: The Performer To Watch in 2013

By Marivir R. Montebon

New York City

IrvingPlazaIt is a thumbs up the first time you will see and hear The Lady Jenn Bocian! She's definitely the performer to watch in 2013. With superb voice and performance qualities (on par with stars Christina Aguilera and Beyonce), this young lady from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is simply the next big artist.

On the professional front, she launched her debut album and carrier single "Don't Love You" last year and has since continued to rise steadily on the Internet and terrestrial radio.

On the home front, Jenn has two labradors, incredibly supportive parents, and three brothers. The youngest, John, recorded the guitar solo in her first album's single "Don't Love You."

Jenn graduated from Lebanon Valley College with a BA in Vocal Performance. Her artistic talents and discipline have been honed in a number of musicals, notably including Dorothy Brock from 42nd St., Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors, and Fraulein Kost in Cabaret.

She can sing in a number of languages, which she learned in school and independently: Italian, French, German, Latin, Spanish, and Russian.






The Lady Jenn Bocian looks forward to a wonderful year and credits much of her inspiration from her family. If it weren't for my family, I wouldn't have this incredible opportunity to live out a life-long goal of performing, she said.

Excerpts from the OSM! interview:

1. What is your edge among all the other singers in the country today?

CabaretI guess my “edge” would be my classical music experience; finding my strengths through schooling and performing since I was 7. In this ever-going and ever-growing process of studio recording, improvisational technique, harmonizing, and live performance, I am grateful to have had such positive motivators in my life, especially that of my producer, Darrell Lawrence!

2. Who helped you develop your talent in singing and dancing?

I grew up in a musical family; this is where I initially discovered my talent and began to sing and play piano daily. It wasn’t until middle school that I began taking private lessons from Marjorie Waltman. High school was a busy time, where I became involved in Central Dauphin H.S. choirs not only as a participant, but as an intern and eventual president, all under the direction of O. David Deitz. At Lebanon Valley College, I studied a broad range of genres and languages with my private teacher Victoria Rose, as well as Dr. Rebecca Lister and Dr. Mark Mecham to name a few.

3. Who is the singer/performer you somehow look up to?

Beyonce Knowles is not only a fantastic vocalist, but an entrepreneur with incredible focus and drive. I look up to her for all of her talents, and hope to perform with her someday.

I also look up to Mariah Carey for her vocal range and talent live and in studio. What an exceptional artist!

4. Plans for 2013.

ConcertoAriaI plan to continue promoting my album through live shows. It’s exciting introducing my album to fresh ears... as well as performing songs live for those who already have the album and know the lyrics!

5. Aside from singing and dancing and acting, what else are you good at? (i.e., sports, or cooking?)

I have a bartender’s license, so I can mix a mean drink! In my down time, I crochet blankets for loved ones; I find it very therapeutic. Also, a year ago I picked up the ukulele and haven’t put it down since. I also like to give something back through entertainment to those who may be less fortunate than others, so I look forward to working alongside charitable organizations that help with children, infectious diseases, and the less fortunate.

1 comment: