Monday, May 6, 2013

I Miss My Mom!

By Cherry Marmes Smyth
Pachaug, Connecticut

cherry&momMy Mom, Luz Lambujon Marmes, passed away September 11, 2009. She was the best mother in the world! My best friend and my best mentor. She was super graceful and had a very happy personality. I love my Mama Luz so much and miss her so badly. But I know, she is happy in heaven and is now my guardian angel. I can feel her presence sometimes and smell flowers in my car. I can tell, she is watching me and guarding me everyday.

I keep all the wonderful and best memories of my Mama in my heart. How I wish she is still around. She's a sweetheart. She had this quality that when you see her, you feel it is so easy to be with her around and seems like she knows you beforehand.

Mama was very kind, loving, caring, generous, patient, responsible, and happy to be with. She was good decision maker and great planner. We all went to church together, and Mama would wake us up. We were a happy family.

I remember she would wake me up every 4 o'clock in the morning to study when I started high school. Got a good grades!

I called the Philippines when I arrived here in the US. My day wasn't complete if I didn't hear my mother's voice, even for just a short phone chat.

Our last conversation and her last goodbye was when she said, as if seeking my permission, "Gikapoy nako Dai, mopahulay nako" (I am tired now. I will rest). And to which I replied, "Okay Mang, you can rest now." I never thought that would be our last conversation.

The saddest moment of my life was when she passed away. I miss her so much.

With this photograph, you can see her beauty inside and out. She is smart, beautiful and good hearted Mother. I am blessed to have her in my life.

Much of what I am today, I learned from my Mom. Much of what I do and say, or what I think and feel, is a reflection of my Mother Luz. My Mom lives in my heart. Her spirit is in me. I love my Mother Luz always and forever!

Mom'sDay2013mrs.phils.america2013

No comments:

Post a Comment