Thursday, September 27, 2012

By Ruth Ezra


CASSAVA STEAM CAKE

This cake was a success at my abode. As a first timer, I was very pleased and my palate was satisfied as well.

Only 3 ingredients were used in this cake.

1 pack frozen grated cassava thawed.

1 can condensed milk.

1 pack, 2 oz coconut powder.

Much easier, the ingredients were in my kitchen.

Back home in the Philippines, this is being wrapped in banana leaves, and I believe someone who can wrap it has a special skill. Not me! The easier the better it is for me, as long as it tastes great!

I managed to save two containers and shared this cake with the Markines sisters who just came back from their Philippine vacation.

It went well with coffee.

Here is my step-by-step instruction:

Prepare steamer by putting water to boil.

While waiting, combine the cassava, coconut powder and condensed milk in a large bowl until thoroughly mix.

Pour into individual molders that you have available to fit into your steamer.

Put in steamer with the water in rolling boil for about 30-45 minutes.

Let it stand to cool, about 10 minutes.

You may serve warm or room temperature.

|*|*|*|


Ruth D. Ezra is a culinary queen in her own right through experience and training. She works at the AllState Roadside Services in Northbrook, IL. Her greatest delight is serving good and healthy food to her husband Heman and only daughter, Isabelle. Kit would love to receive feedback on her recipes, and exchange them with yours at ezraruth@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment