Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SWEDISH APPLE PIE



By Ruth Ezra
Chicago, Illinois
What I love about this pie is its simplicity and the crispiness of the crust. All ingredients are handy. My hubby and I enjoyed it warm.
I enjoyed my slice with mango-peach tea while hubby enjoyed his slice with black coffee.

Ingredients:

2 apples, cubed (I used Pink Lady)Swedish Apple Pie 1
Cinnamon
3/4 c. salted butter, melted
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts

My process:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Fill pie pan 2/3 full of peeled, sliced apples.

Sprinkle and cover apples with cinnamon.

In small bowl, combine butter, sugar, flour, egg, and nuts.

Pour over the apples.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown.

|*|*|*|


Ruth D. Ezra is a culinary queen in her own right through experience and training. She works at the AllState Roadside Services in Northbrook, IL. Her greatest delight is serving good and healthy food to her husband Heman and only daughter, Isabelle. Kit would love to receive feedback on her recipes, and exchange them with yours at ezraruth@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment