Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHER'S DAY '12: Daddy's Words to You.

OSM! Forum presents four fathers as a tribute to Father's Day 2012.  Asked what they want most for their children to become, here are what four awesome men share to readers.

Jeffrey Stern
Even before my first child was born, I worried about what kind of father I would be. I asked myself what kind of role model would I be and what would they learn from me.
I thought about the lyrics in “The Cats in the Cradle” by Harry Chapin:
And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me
I made a decision that I would do my best to instill in them what I feel are some of the most important rules of life.
1) Your friends and family come first. You must earn the love and respect each and every day of the people you want most in your life.
2) Responsibility - You and you alone are responsible for your own personal actions.
3) Accountability – Regardless of what you do you are always accountable to somebody else (your parents, friends, sibling, boss, teacher whomever).
I felt (and time has proven me right) that if they followed these rules than whatever they want to accomplish in life they will do, regardless of what life’s circumstances throws there way.  The bottom line, I wish for them to follow their hearts and to shoot for the stars in everything that they do."

[caption id="attachment_825" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Jeff with children Elizabeth and Kenneth Jeff with children Elizabeth and Kenneth[/caption]

Jeffrey Stern is a businessman in Real Estate and Sales and Marketing based in Stamford, Connecticut who loves to hike the mountains of the Eastern part of the US.

Merit Salud, Esq.
My heartfelt prayers for my children Sara, Abi and Mm and their families on Father's Day.  It is my wish for them to realize their dreams in life but also for them to achieve more than the best they believe they deserve in this world for themselves, families, and others too.  As my favorite quote goes, "What is a pair of good legs if you use them only for running away?"

[caption id="attachment_826" align="aligncenter" width="303"]Merit and kids.  L to R: Angel Gonzalez, Sara Salud Gonzalez, Abi Salud , Norma Aquino Salud, Merit, Ethan , Emily Estrada Salud, Lia, and MM Salud. Merit and kids. L to R: Angel Gonzalez, Sara Salud Gonzalez, Abi Salud , Norma Aquino Salud, Merit, Ethan , Emily Estrada Salud, Lia, and MM Salud.[/caption]

Merit Salud is an immigration lawyer and community leader in New York and New Jersey. He is the chairperson of the National Federation of Filipino American Associations of America Region 1 and has a passion for singing.
Greg Agulan
My greatest desire for my only son is for him to be a better person than I am. I want him to love the world more than his country, love his country more than his family,  and love his family more than himself.

[caption id="attachment_827" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Sean with his father take the camel in a vacation in recent vacation in Korea. Sean with his father take the camel in a vacation in recent vacation in Korea.[/caption]

Greg Agulan is a businessman based in New Jersey and the president of the organization Filipino International Community Association. He dabbles in fashion modeling aside from being a hands on father.

Robert Hall
I would want my son to live up to his full potential, to be humble yet strong, to be learned but wise, to be compassionate and confident. I would desire for him to be concerned about the world we live in and do something to effect positive change. To be the change he would like to see and to live his life for the sake of others.

[caption id="attachment_828" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Robert with son Christopher Robert with son Christopher[/caption]

Robert Hall is a nurse by profession and is currently a music coach at the Lovin' Life Ministries in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment