Thursday, July 4, 2013

ART FROM THE HEART OF AN ARTIST

Bisai Ya

Artist Bisai Ya continues to make waves in the visual arts landscape and cyberscape. Recently, the New York Optimist featured her works, an awesome display of women and the places close to her heart.

Bisai's artistic talent is a personal journey to self-healing, she says, and so wonderfully done by giving back of such incomes back to her chosen charities for education and the arts.

Her statement:

Bisai6-600x450manila hot summer nights"I utilize my art talent to be able to do my advocacies in education and art. Any sale i make, ten percent (10%) from proceeds go to my favourite charity (ALS Learners of Mandaue City) which my high school classmate Emilin Isahac is currently mentoring (check our website: www.wix.com/bisayababe/bisayababe). That way I am able to give back to the community that supported my art.

I also conduct bi-annual art contests for out of school youths in Cebu, Philippines to slowly introduce them into the world of visual art in my own small way. I collaborate with fellow Bisai5-450x600thepearlartists in conducting authentic art auctions to help raise funds for social worthy projects benefiting less fortunate members of society. (In 2012, I was blessed to have organised two successful charity art auctions online thru Bisai Art Cafe. One to benefit a schoolmate in high school Jean Manzanares Breast Cancer Fundraising (May 2012) and followed by another fundraising for an 8-year old girl stricken with leukemia (Lea Joven Leukemia Fundraising in July 2012). While Lea has expired and did not survive her illness, she continues to inspire us to do our art auctions to help other sufferers of long term illnesses benefit from our art sales and fundraising.

Through my gift of painting i was able to participate in several art causes to raise funds for sufferers of typhoon, those yearning for educational support and those seeking medication support. These are the very essence why my art is so special to me despite me not having enough monetary resources to contribute. Parting a painting on these activities is never a sorrow for me, but, builds in me more inspiration to use my gift of art towards good intentions and objectives."

For more of Bisai's works of art, please visit http://thenewyorkoptimist.com/HeidiRussellPresentsBisaiYaJune30_2013.html

Bisai2dailygrind

10 comments:

  1. Hello Marivir

    My deepest gratitude for the inclusion of my work and feature from The New York Optimist magazine. You always know when to touch a chord in my art heart. I am so blest for having OSM as my extended family. You inspire me so much creatively and your generous support to my creative passion is so overwhelming. I dont even know when to stop thanking you. Much love here to you and Nikki in New York. Pardon me for taking a longer sabbatical leave from writing, rest assured i will be back very soon after finishing my works for my upcoming exhibitions now 2013-2014. I will definitely find time for OSM.

    cheers and God bless us all
    <3 bisai

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you too bisai. by doing awesome work, you are beautifying OSM! as well. congratulations and more inspiration to you! looking forward to you articles soon. cheers from NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are most welcome, bisai! by doing awesome work, you are making OSM! beautiful as well. looking forward to you articles. keep up the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the extreme pleasure of recently meeting Bisai through the interwebs and have found her abstracts to be of unparalleled excellence. Moreover, her desire to help other artists emerge in a world where art is not as "valued" as it is in the United States, I am particularly taken by her efforts to help others who are less fortune.

    Bisai is not only an amazing artist, but she is prolific beyond comprehension. I have witnessed her recent emergence into the word of "the abstract" and am astounded that she has the ability of ongoing, persistent excellence in her work.

    I am presently engaged in doing my utmost to connect her with artistic institutions in the United States, where she will clearly become an "overnight sensation", as she has become with me, and I thank you for this lovely article in your publication, which will undoubtedly help her in this regard.

    Thank you.

    Sincerely,

    Claudia Gale
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    USA
    clodja@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. charmaine suico canedoJuly 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM

    Bisai is not just an artist who wants to put colors on a blank canvas. She creates imagination, journey and emotions.Her combination of different colors and shades enhances the beauty of her art. Each work she does has it's own individuality but have connections to one another..

    A very talented person a very wonderful friend. I am so proud of her that is why i have three of her art works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure i will take time out soonest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow thank you claudia for such support and trust on my art. im so happy to be able to bring cheer to people when they like or love my pieces. im humbled by your feedback. dont worry i will keep painting, keep posting and keep sharing :) Please share OSM to your friends too, they are sharing her tales of encouragement especially women achievers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you charmaine for becoming a fan of my art. im glad my art has touched a chord in you. you've bought 3 pieces of my art to fill your lovely san diego home. you continue to inspire me to paint more interesting pieces and i won't let you down. thank you for getting a good place to hang my pieces, they are in great hands indeed! salamat for loving my brand of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you claudia for your well wishes to bisai as a an artist and as one of our writers here in OSM! your kind words is truly an inspiration to continue with our work. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for your kind words, charmaine!

    ReplyDelete