Thursday, July 4, 2013

How's It Going, Meki?

By Marivir R. Montebon

New York -- It's been eight months since OSM! first featured Meki Saldana, super fashion model who stepped into New York to interestingly charter a life on the runway, putting into the back seat a course in Nursing.

We took a peek at this fabulously doe-eyed and sweet Manilena again, and was in for surprises! The ramp model has ventured into acting, which is actually the first love.

She has recently worked with such big stars as Cameron Diaz, Don Johnson, and Leonardo DiCaprio a few months back, and the fall of 2013, she will definitely be conspicuous in commercials and movies.

Being signed in for One Management, Two Management LA, and Front Management Florida, Meki breezes for top brands in the American fashion world. Modeling she confides, is her entry to the movies. And what a fabulous front act she has done!

Meki did videos for Nars, Clinique for Nordstrom, Lancome, Matrix and Kenneth Cole and graced the runway for Baby Phat, Erin Wasson for RVCA, Bibhu Mohapatra, Zinke Swim, Monique Lhuillier, Isabel Toledo and Mara Hoffman.

She also modeled for the creations of Jill Stuart, Yeohlee, Devi Kroell, Yigal Azrouel, Diane Von Furstenberg.

At the Martha Stewart Show, Meki modeled the Marchesa Bridal gowns with the designers themselves, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig. She guested at the Good Morning America for the Marie Claire style forecast segment.

Her face is on the campaign and look books of Kate Spade, Kenneth Cole, Marc Ecko, Tracy Reese, Alfred Angelo, Belk, Target, Matrix, just to name a few.

Meki is constantly seen at Gilt Groupe, Ideeli and Belle&Clive websites and did fashion editorials for Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Zink, W style, Fanstastics, Elegant Bridal, Westchester Bridal, Bergen County and Women’s Health Magazine.

These past few months, however, Meki is shining even brighter, doing what she truly loves.

Excerpts:

1. Tell us about the latest projects you have been doing.

_HIN7233_v2-1I just filmed a scene with Cameron Diaz and Don Johnson in their new comedy movie directed by Nick Cassavetes, the same director as The Notebook and Alpha Dog.

And with my previous gig as well The Wolf Of Wall Street of Martin Scorsese with Leo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. My TV commercial with Robert Pattinson for Christian Dior Perfume is coming out September!

2. What makes this project or event special or important to you?

It's very important and huge for me because everything is happening and falling into place, and I've been only in the film/acting industry less than a year. This is God telling me I'm in the right path.

3. What do we expect in the next few weeks or months?

Christian Dior commercial with Robert Pattinson coming out September 2013.

The Wolf of Wall Street on November 2013.

The Other Woman on April 2013.

I'm planning to go to LA next year and pursue acting further.

4. How did you get into the acting world? Is it more exciting to act than to be a model?

_HIN6778I've always wanted to be an actress! I did few stage plays when I was in school. I tried auditioning in Philippines but my feedback was always "you're too tall" or "you're too skinny." Most Filipinos are short and I was a stick when I was younger.
But I'm glad here in US there's no height, weight, gender, race, age issues, as long as you have the talent and the drive, you can pursue acting. Modeling was my stepping stone, and yes acting is definitely way more challenging and fulfilling.
My acting agencies are Untitled Entertainment LA and Innovative Artists NY.

5. What type of actress would you likely be, comedienne, dramatic, action, horror, etc.? Do you have a particular favorite actor? Who?

I'm more drawn to dramatic characters, but also I love to do comedy and action. I want to be an all around actress, like Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lawrence. My favorite actors are Paul Newman, Christian Bale, Javier Bardem and Christoph Waltz.

6. Working with big time names like Cameron Diaz and Don Johnson, Robert Pattinson and Leonardo DiCaprio, you hit it big and working hard! Tell us how is it working with these guys?

Henrique_Schiefferdecker_-10It was such an amazing experience! Never in a million years have I ever thought I'd actually do scenes with them. One common denominator they all have is they're very grounded and professional. On set they acknowledge all the crew and makes every cast feel comfortable, so everybody can get the most of each take!

(To get updates for her latest work, follow Meki's Instagram and Twitter @Mekithappen and check her website www.MekiSaldana.com).

(Photos of Meki courtesy of Henrique Schiefferdecker)

No comments:

Post a Comment