Monday, July 29, 2013

Protein Lollipops


Protein Lollipops I call it!
Protein LollipopsI am in for a challenge! I always prepare our meals 30 minutes or less. Pressure cooker and slow cooker are my best friends.


I googled on how to do the chicken lollipop. OheMGee! There is no easy way out! There’s a LOT to choose from. I looked and scrolled for the simplest possible one.

So, I just got the basic idea of the chicken lollipop: is to cut the meat around the base of the chicken wing drummette and pull it towards the top so it’s shaped like a lollipop. Whoala! I am having fun, and I did not whine!

And besides, I have so much time in my hands than spending my time at the mall and come home hungry with my new favorites this season: a bag of blouses and skinny jeans.

For now, I can only make 14 lollipops!

I seasoned the chicken lollipops with ground white pepper, garlic powder and adobo seasoning. I poured ¼ cup buttermilk. I let it stand for 15 minutes.

While heating oil in a cooking pot, I mix in a bowl 1/8 cup cornstarch and ½ cup flour and rolled and covered each chicken lollipop.

I deep-fried the chicken lollipops under medium heat until the color turned medium brown.

I removed the fried chicken lollipops from the pot and transferred them to a bowl with paper towel to drain the oil.

I served with coconut – mango sauce for me and sweet chili sauce for hubby.

And surprise -- a little bit crunchy the way we liked it!

|*|*|*|


Ruth D. Ezra is a culinary queen in her own right through experience and training. She works at the AllState Roadside Services in Northbrook, IL.  Her greatest delight is serving good and healthy food to her husband Heman and only daughter, Isabelle. Kit would love to receive feedback on her recipes, and exchange them with yours at ezraruth@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment